- This Week's Zaxby's Toyota Tundra ... John Wes Townley will pilot RAB Racing Chassis No. 54 in Wednesday's UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway.
- Zaxby's Returns ... RAB Racing's Toyota Tundra will sport familiar colors this weekend when the red and yellow paint scheme of Zaxby's adorns the No. 09 at Bristol Motor Speedway on Wednesday night. The Athens, Ga.-based chain was the primary sponsor of Townley's limited NASCAR Camping World Truck Series campaign in 2008. In addition to their presence on the No. 09 Tundra this weekend, Zaxby's will also serve as the primary sponsor of RAB Racing's No. 99 Toyota Camry in Friday night's NASCAR Nationwide Series race.
- Townley at Bristol ... Townley has competed at Bristol Motor Speedway in Camping World Truck Series competition once before, in 2008's O'Reilly 200. Additionally, in four Nationwide Series starts at the .533-mile oval, Townley has posted one top-20 finish, in 2009's Scotts Turf Builder 300.
- RAB Racing at Bristol... While RAB Racing has not yet competed at Bristol Motor Speedway in Camping World Truck Series competition, they have competed in six Nationwide Series events at the Tennessee track dating back to 2009, accumulating two top-20 finishes.
- Double Duty ... Townley will be pulling double-duty for RAB Racing this week at Bristol. In addition to his regular driving duties behind the wheel of the No. 09 Toyota Tundra, Townley will also drive the No. 99 Zaxby's-sponsored Toyota Camry in Friday's Food City 250. Live coverage of the event begins Friday, August 24 at 7 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time. The race will be televised live on ESPN and broadcast on the Performance Racing Network.
- After 12 Races... Over the first 12 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races of the 2012 season, Townley has accumulated one top-10 finish, seven top-20 finishes, an average starting and finishing position of 19.7. Townley has completed 86.2 percent of the laps he's contested (1,478 of 1,715) thus far.
- Get to the Points ... Though Townley and RAB Racing didn't get the results they had hoped for in Michigan International Speedway's VFW 200, the finish still allowed Townley to advance one position, to 18th, in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series point standings.
- Your Point Is... As we head into the 13th race of the 2012 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season, RAB Racing currently occupies the 18th position in the owner's points standings.
- RAB Racing in 2012... With 12 races completed in the 2012 season, RAB Racing's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series entries have recorded one top-five, two top-10 and eight top-20 finishes with drivers Travis Kvapil and Townley.
- Catch the Action ... The UNOH 200 from Bristol Motor Speedway will be televised live Wednesday, August 22 beginning at 7:30 p.m. EDT on SPEED and broadcast live on the Motor Racing Network. Qualifying will be Wednesday, August 22 beginning at 4:45 p.m. EDT.
John Wes Townley Quotes
"I've always loved Bristol Motor Speedway. I like short tracks a lot because it gets back to my roots of short track racing. And the track has high banks that I enjoy racing on. Bristol is one of those tracks you can really hustle the racecar at, and it always produces some great racing. I'm not going to let this last week affect my performance. The goal is to get out there and improve on each weekend and I'm really confident we can do that."
Chris Rice Quotes
"I've had some success at Bristol in the past and I am excited to go here with the Truck Series. They always put on a good show here, because it's getting back to grassroots short-track racing. I like Bristol because it's a high-banked short-track that makes your truck turn and it's not as much about the aero. With the new way they're done the track, taking the top groove out, it's going to be more action-packed, old-school style racing. Our team has had some good finishes recently and we're excited to debut Zaxby's on our Toyota Tundra under the light this Wednesday night at Bristol."
RAB Racing PR